If you need help with medical expenses:
- Call our message line at (360) 221-4535
- Write to us at:
Friends of Friends Medical Support Fund
PO Box 812
Langley, WA 98260
- Send an E-mail. Please put “FoF Help” in the subject line so we can respond to your requests quickly.
However you contact us, please provide your name and address, and a phone number where we can reach you. You should hear from us within 2 business days.
Friends of Friends is able to help in small ways to pay for most medically-related expenses up to an annual limit per person. We make these payments directly to the providers and never to individuals; we cannot reimburse for payments already made by you.
We can help with prescriptions and over-the-counter medications, visits to health professionals, medical equipment or supplies, hospital and lab fees or transportation to treatment on the mainland.
Examples of ways we have helped:
- Prescription medication for a senior citizen diagnosed with diabetes
- Co-pay on doctor visits for a child with multiple disabilities
- Mammogram and ultrasound tests for a single working mom unable to afford health insurance
- Ferry tickets and gas vouchers for someone needing on-going treatment several days a week at a mainland hospital
- Acupuncture treatment for a woman with chronic pain
- Rental of a knee scoo
If you live in the Coupeville area, a similar grassroots organization was formed in 2006 to serve people in your area. Please contact Small Miracles , PO Box 912, Coupeville, WA 98239. (360) 672-5651.
Have you heard of the Affordable Care Act (ACA)? Visit this link to learn more and see if you qualify for subsidized Medical Insurance – http://www.wahealthplanfinder.org/
Find out about the ACA: http://wahbexchange.org/news-resources/health-reform/